Southern Fried Corn Pop Chicken
Battered and fried in a crunchy corn pop-panko mix and flavored with bacon, spinach, and a touch of bourbon, this southern fried chicken recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- Chicken breast, raw - 1 each
- Buttermilk Marinade & Batter for Chicken -
- Corn pop- panko mix - 1/2 cups
- Mashed potatoes, prepared and hot - 6 oz.
- Spinach leaves - 1 cups
- Corn kernels - 1/4 cups
- Cooked diced bacon - 1 tbs.
- Shallots fresh, chopped - 2 tbs.
- Cream soup base, reconstituted - 4 oz.
- Bourbon liquor - 1 oz.
- SunGlow European Style Butter Blend - 1 oz.
- Green onion, julienne - 2 tbs.
- Salt and pepper mix - To taste To taste
- Take the chicken breast, drain off the batter, and bread the chicken in the panko-corn pop mix. Press down on the chicken firmly and ensure all the chicken is covered with the breading. Fry the chicken to a golden brown in a 350 F degree fryer. Cook until internal temp is 165 F degree internal temp.
- In a sauté pan place the Phase and heat, add the corn, spinach and bacon, heat through. Once the spinach has wilted add the mashed potatoes. Make sure everything is well Incorporated.
- In a sauté pan sweat the shallots, add bourbon, and let flame. Add the cream soup base and let reduce for 1 minute. Finish the sauce with Sunglow and salt and pepper if needed.
- Place the mash potatoes in the center of the plate, Place the sauce around the mashed potatoes, fried chicken on top of the mashed potatoes.
- Julienne green onion on the top of the cooked chicken breast to finish the dish.