Traditional seafood gumbo is a Louisiana favorite, and its committed fanbases won’t be satisfied with anything less than the best. How do we do it? Just add andouille sausage, crab, oyster, and a pinch of Cajun spices for a true melting pot dish.
- Andouille sausage, 1/2" diced - 2 Cup
- Yellow onion, 1/2"diced - 1 Cup
- Green onion, 1/2" sliced - 1 Cup
- Green peppers, 1/2" diced - 1 Cup
- Celery, 1/2", diced - 1 Cup
- File, powder - To taste To taste
- Cayenne powder - To taste
- Shucked oysters - 2 Cups
- Lump crab meat - 1 Cup
- Water - 3 quart
- Classic Gourmet Seafood base - 1/2 Cup
- Salt and pepper mix - To taste
- Light roux mix-prepared - 1 Cup
- 16/20 shrimp peeled/deveined - 1 lb.
- Phase Butter Flavored Oil - 1/2 Cup
In a big pot add in Phase, vegetables and andouille sausage cook them until you achieve a great aroma.
Add in the spices, water, and Seafood Base. Bring to a boil for about 15 min. Add in the roux and let simmer until it is to the correct thickness to your liking.
Drop-in all the seafood and let simmer until all the seafood is cooked thoroughly. Add in the salt and pepper to the desired flavor profile.
This soup is nice with white rice added as a garnish when served along with green onions over the top.