Corn, Black Bean and Quinoa Salad
This corn, black bean, and quinoa salad is simple to prepare and never out of season, making it a superb pick for diversifying your salad selection.
- Red pepper, diced 1/4" - 1/2 Cup
- Salt and pepper mix - As needed
- Marie’s® Italian Vinaigrette Dressing - 3 oz.
- Black beans, cooked - 1 Cup
- Fresh corn, cooked - 1 Cup
- Onions, red diced 1/2" - 1/2 Cup
- Portobello mushroom, diced 1/2" - 1/2 Cup
- Vegetable base - 2 tbs.
- Water - 2-1/2 Cups
- Dry quinoa - 1 Cup
Place the quinoa and water in the pot along with mixing the beef base into the water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 15-20 min. on low heat. Quinoa will be tender to the bite when finished cooking. Pull off the stove and rinse with cold water. Drain the excess water off and pour it onto a clean sheet pan to cool well.
Once the quinoa has cooked completely, mix all of the other ingredients together except for the salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Add In the salt and pepper to increase the flavor in the salad if needed.
Plate the salad onto a nice platter and serve.