Beet, Garbanzo Beans and Tomato Salad
Bright and full of color, this red beet and tomato salad is a beauty to behold and tastes even better. Throw in some garbanzo beans for protein and you get a well-rounded vegan entrée that can’t be beaten!
- Cooked Beets, diced 1" - 1 quart
- Garbanzo beans, canned, well drained - 1 quart
- Grape tomatoes, halves - 4 Cups
- Red onions, sliced thin - 3 Cups
- Dill Pickles, chopped - 2 Cups
- Sunflower seeds, shelled and toasted - .5 Cup
- Hidden Valley Mediterranean Feta dressing - 8 oz.
Combine all the ingredients and use only half of the amount of sunflower seed to mix with the salad. Blend well.
When you place the salad on the serving plate you will then sprinkle the remainder of the sunflower seeds on top to finish.
This is an excellent salad for a buffet, as an entree, with added proteins such as steak, chicken breast, pork loin, or grilled shrimp.