Yukon Gold Potato-Leek Gratin
Composed of layered Yukon gold potatoes and savory white leeks smothered in cheddar and parmesan, this decadent side dish is the crème de la crème of potato recipes. Preparing this fancy and flavorful dish will serve as testament to your team’s culinary talents.
- Yukon gold potatoes, sliced 1/2" - 5 lbs.
- Leeks whites only, washed / bias sliced 1/2 " - 3 lbs.
- Garlic, roasted - 2 Cups
- Rosemary, fresh/chopped - .25 Cup
- Classic Gourmet Cream soup base, reconstituted - 1 gallon
- White cheddar cheese, grated - 7 Cups
- Parmesan cheese, shredded - 3 Cups
- Classic Gourmet Roasted Vegetable Base - 3-4 tbs.
- Par cook the sliced potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Drain well but do not rinse the potatoes with water.
In a bowl lightly mix the cream soup base (follow the directions on the bag), roasted vegetable base with white cheddar cheese and rosemary. Add in the potatoes, leeks and roasted garlic and make sure everything Is well coated.
Using food release spray the baking pan well, pour the potato mixture into the pan leaving a 1/2 lip. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top of the gratin. Cover with foil and bake in a 350F.- degree oven for 1 hour and uncovered for additional time until the surface is golden brown.