Vegetable Pasta and Crispy Prosciutto Ham and Gorgonzola Cheese Salad
Vegetable pasta, prosciutto ham, and gorgonzola cheese give this salad a strongly salty and distinctly Italian flavor that will stand out even in a crowded salad menu.
- Roasted Garlic Italian Vinaigrette recipe - -
- Hidden Valley Italian vinaigrette - 1 quart
- Roasted garlic, prepared - 1 Cup
- Fresh basil leaves - 1 Cup
- Heirloom tomatoes, halves - 1/2 Cup
- Cucumber, diced 1/2" - 1/4 Cup
- Romaine hearts, cut 1" - 1 Cup
- Vegetable Pasta- cooked - 4 oz.
- Kalamata olives-halves - 1/4 Cup
- Gorgonzola cheese-crumbles - 1/4 Cup
- Roasted garlic Italian vinaigrette - 2-1/2 oz.
- Crispy Fried Prosciutto Ham - 1/4 Cup
- Mixed Greens - 2 Cups
Mix the Italian vinaigrette, fresh basil and roasted garlic together in a clean bowl and blend well with an immersion blender.
Place the roasted garlic vinaigrette in a clean container and hold in the refrigerator until needed.
Place all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl except for the crispy Prosciutto ham and Gorgonzola cheese. Toss gently and place on the plate/bowl. Mound the salad high on the plate/bowl.
Finish the salad with sprinkling the Gorgonzola cheese and Prosciutto ham over the top of the salad.
Serving Suggestions: this salad can be shared, served as an appetizer/starter, have a protein added to the salad to finish it off as an entrée