Springtime Lentil Chicken Vegetable Soup
Give your guests a taste of springtime with a warm bowl of fresh chicken, lentil, and vegetable soup. Add this recipe to your seasonal rotation for a simple spring recipe that’s light on labor and ingredient costs.
- Spinach leaves- rough chop - .5 gallon
- Carrots,1/2" dice - 3 cups
- Salt and pepper mix - As needed As needed
- Chicken cooked- rough chop - .5 gallon
- Leeks, 1/2 " dice - 4 cups
- Lentil, cooked - 2 lbs.
- Tomato paste - 2 cups
- Water - 2 gallon
- Celery, 1/2" dice - 3 cups
- Onion, yellow, 1/2 " dice - 3 cups
- Phase, LBA - .5 cups
- Classic Gourmet Chicken base - 6 oz.
Cook the lentils in water until tender. Approximately 1 hour. Drain well and hold on the side.
In a large stock pot heat the Phase, add all the vegetables except for the spinach leaves and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste and stir into the vegetables until vegetables are well coated.
- Add in the water and the chicken base and Incorporate well. Bring to a boil and turn down the flame to medium. Let simmer for about 1 hour. Adjust the flavoring add salt and pepper as needed.
Lastly add in the spinach leaves, cooked chicken and cooked lentils . Stir together in the broth until well incorporated.
Allow the soup simmer for another 1/2 hour on a low flame.