Sauce Craft Caribbean Jerk Crab Hush Puppies
A classic Southern recipe, these delightfully crispy balls of deep-fried crab meat are popular, simple to make, and perform splendidly as a side dish for a seafood or BBQ centric menu.
- Flour,all purpose - .75 Cup
- Corn meal - .75 Cup
- Sugar, granulated - 1 tbs.
- Baking powder - 1.5 tsp.
- Salt, kosher - 2 tsp.
- Garlic powder - .5 tsp.
- Onion powder - .5 tsp.
- Paprika - .5 tsp.
- Pepper, black ground - .25 tsp.
- Egg, whole - 1 each
- Buttermilk - 1 Cup
- Sunglow, cut into small cubes - 4 oz.
- Blue Crab Meat - special, claw, or lump - 8 oz.
- Green Onions - chopped - .5 Cup
- Green Onions, sliced - .25 Cup
- Lime Wedge - 8 each
- Creamy Caribbean Jerk-Mustard Sauce - 4 oz.
- Creamy Caribbean Jerk-Mustard Sauce -
- Sauce Craft Caribbean Jerk Sauce - 1 Cup
- Stone Ground Mustard, (or Dijon) - 1 Cup
- Classic Gourmet Mayonniase - 2 Cups
Combine the first 12 ingredients together and mix until well incorporated. Then add the crab meat and chopped green onions to the batter and fold until well incorporated.
Heat oil in the fryer to 350F. degrees and use a small 2-oz. ice cream scoop to drop batter into the oil - fry until golden brown & the balls float - remove to the rack and drain off any excess oil.
Combine the Sauce Craft Caribbean Jerk sauce, mayonnaise and mustard in a mixing bowl and blend well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.
Serve the fried hush puppies with a side of creamy Caribbean Jerk Mustard Sauce for dipping, serve with a lime wedge.