A tantalizing mix of salty and sweet, these delightfully buttery, melt-in-your-mouth caramel candies make for an excellent treat to end your customers’ visit on a high note.
- Sugar, granulated - 1 Cup
- Dark Corn Syrup - 1 Cup
- Liquid SunGlow - 1 Cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 14 oz cans
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp.
- SunGlow, salted - 2 tbs.
- Wax Paper - as needed
- Coarse or Flaked Sea Salt - as needed
Bring the first 3 ingredients to a boil in a 3-4 quart saucepan over medium heat.
Cook without stirring for 7 minutes on medium heat.
- Stir in condensed milk and bring to a boil.
- Cook while stirring constantly.
- Cook until a candy thermometer read 238F to 240F (soft ball stage) about 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
Pour into a buttered 8-inch square pan.
Let rest at room temperature for about 8 hours. A room with no humidity preferred.
- On a cutting board, cut caramels into ½ inch squares.
- Using your hand mold caramels into desired shape and transfer to small squares of wax paper.
- Sprinkle with sea salt before wrapping.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Chef’s Tip: Caramels can be made up to 5-7 days before needed, as long they are stored in the refrigerator.