Originating from Italian cooking, these crispy cornmeal cakes can fill many roles in your menu, making for an excellent appetizer, side dish or even a light vegetarian meal option.
- Phase Butter Flavored Oil - .25 Cup
- Yellow onions, diced small - .5 Cup
- Sundried tomatoes, rehydrated and chopped - .5 Cup
- Water - 4 cups
- Classic Gourmet Vegetable base - 2 tbs.
- Polenta, course - 3 cups
- Black pepper, ground, ground - 2 tsp.
- Heat saucepan with the Phase and sauté the onions until translucent, add in the sundried tomatoes, water, and the vegetable base.
- Slowly add in the polenta until well combined with the liquid. Add In the black pepper and let the polenta cook until tender.
Pour the polenta mixture into a dish that is 1-1/2 inch deep. Let the mix cool in the dish until it is completely cold. Cut with the mix into 3- inch diameter rounds and hold for service.