Mediterranean Grilled Shrimp
Featuring juicy jumbo shrimps grilled in a tasty Mediterranean marinade, this simple seafood entrée is easy to prepare and a certain crowd pleaser.
- Romaine hearts, leaves - 5 each
- Spicy Hummus- prepared - 1 Cup
- Brown Rice, Tabbouleh, prepared - 1 Cup
- Grilled Shrimp, 16/20 marinated - 5 each
- Mediterranean Shrimp Marinade - 3 oz.
- Take the shrimp out of the marinade and grill on both sides trying to obtain some char marks and flavor. Grill until the shrimp get to a pink color and becomes opaque.
- On an oval plate place 3-4 romaine heart leaves, then the brown rice tabbouleh.
- On the base of the plate shingle the shrimp along the rice and place the spicy hummus.
Mediterranean Shrimp Marinade
- Hidden Valley Mediterranean Style Feta - Cups 2
- Garlic, chopped - tbs. 4
- Thyme, fresh chopped - tbs. 2
- Mint, fresh, chopped - tbs. 3
- Lemon juice, fresh - Cup .25
- Salt and pepper mix - As needed
- Onions red, diced small - Cup .25
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and combine well.
- When marinating the shrimp makes sure all surfaces of the shrimp are covered with the marinade.
Pour marinade into a clean container and hold it until needed in the refrigerator.
This can be served as a large appetize or can be a single portion. This also can have a protein added of your choice to create more of an entrée idea for a menu.
Don’t forget to serve with some warm pita bread!