French Dressing Braised Rabbit
Drizzled with a luxurious French dressing, this exquisite, braised rabbit recipe is sure to leave an impression with its rich, gamey flavor. Offer it up to your most discerning diners and watch as the rave reviews come rolling in.
- Whole rabbit cut in half - 1 each
- Salt and pepper mix - as needed
- Smoked paprika - 2 tsp.
- Classic Gourmet French dressing - 1 Cup
- Sauce Craft Cayenne pepper sauce - 2 tsp.
- Phase, LBA - .25 Cup
- Garlic chopped - 2 tbs.
- Onion, chopped, medium - 1 each
- Mushrooms, large sliced - .5 Cup
- Red wine, dry - 20 oz.
- Water - 10 oz.
- Classic Gourmet chicken base - 2 tbs.
- Bay leaf - 1 each
- Thyme, fresh - 6 Sprigs
Cut the rabbit in half and season with salt and pepper.
Mix the French dressing, pepper sauce, and smoked paprika.
- Add the rabbit to the dressing mixture and coat the meat well and marinade.
Heat the grill. On the hot grill, cook the rabbit until it has good grill marks on both sides and is ½ way done.
In the saucepot heat the Phase and brown the onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Mix the water with the chicken base to make the chicken broth.
Add the red wine, chicken broth, and the rabbit to the pot and let simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.