Fennel, Orange, Strawberries and Apple Slaw
A popular side dish, this sweet and tasty recipe is the perfect complement to most any BBQ entrée. With orange, strawberry, and apple added into the mix, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a sweeter slaw.
- Classic Gourmet Extra Heavy Real Mayonnaise - 1 Cup
- Strawberry, fresh, hulled, sliced - 3 Cups
- Apple, green, julienne, 1/4" thick - 2 Cups
- Blue cheese, crumbles - 2 Cups
- Salt and black pepper mix - As needed
- Classic Gourmet Cole slaw dressing - 2 Cups
- Orange, peeled/sectioned - 3 Cups
- Walnut pieces, toasted - 1.5 Cups
- Fennel, fresh julienne 1/4" thick - 2 Cup
- Red & green cabbage, shredded - 5 Cups
Prep all the items and place them in a clean mixing bowl except for the blue cheese.
Blend the mayonnaise and the coleslaw dressing together and pour over the top of the ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the blue cheese and combine well. Add in the salt and pepper as needed for additional flavor.
Chef Tips: Make the coleslaw ahead of time to allow time for the slaw to sit and marinate in the dressing and allow the flavor to make some magic.