Deep Fried Nashville Hot Deviled Eggs
How can you make deviled eggs taste even better? By giving them a deep-fry! Add some mayo and a touch of Nashville hot sauce for flavor and you’ve got yourself a versatile menu item servable all day long.
- Eggs, hard boiled, cut lengthwise/separated - 12 each
- Sauce Craft Nashville Hot Sauce - .5 Cup
- Classic Gourmet Mayonnaise - .5 Cup
- Flour, all purpose - 1 Cup
- Egg Wash (beaten eggs & milk) - 1 Cup
- Sliced jalapenos or chopped dill pickle - garnish
In a bowl place mayonnaise, Nashville hot sauce, and egg yolks together and combine well until mixture is smooth. Place the mixture in the refrigerator.
- Dust the egg white shells thoroughly with flour then dip in the egg wash. Re-dip the egg white shells in flour and coat well.
Heat fryer oil to 350F. degrees and fry the flour-coated egg whites until light brown and crisp. Remove to drain rack to remove excess oil.
Using a pastry bag fill the eggs whites with the egg yolk mixture. Garnish the top of the egg mixture with sliced jalapeno or chopped dill pickles.
This is a great way to start a meal as an appetizer on the menu or part of a buffet selection. It is a great item to show off your new sauce.