Cilantro- Roasted Garlic Rice
Made with roasted garlic and fresh cilantro, your diners are sure to enjoy this savory rice recipe. This easy-to-prepare menu item works equally well as a standalone side dish or as a base ingredient for a rice bowl.
- Jasmine rice - 4 Cups
- Roasted garlic, chopped - .25 Cup
- Cilantro fresh, chopped - 4 tbs.
- Water - 3.75 Cups
- Classic Gourmet Reserve Vegetable base - 4 tbs.
- Phase Butter Flavored Oil - 5 tbs.
- Salt and pepper mix - As needed
- Heat a saucepan with the Phase and sauté the roasted garlic and cilantro until a good aroma is created.
Add in water and the vegetable base and dissolve well. Set aside. Take the Jasmine rice place it in a bowl and rice water over to wash the rice a few times and drain well. Repeat the washing twice. Pour the washed rice into a pan that can be used in the oven and deep enough that can hold 4 cups of water.
We are ready to get our rice into the oven so we need to pour the sauté garlic/cilantro and the broth over the rice, cover the pan with foil. Place the rice in a 375F. degree oven for approx. 40-45 minutes or until all of the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender. The rice is ready to serve when the cooking process is complete.
Add salt and pepper after the rice is cooked as needed for more flavor enhancement.