Caprese Grilled Chicken Salad
The classic Caprese combines fresh mozzarella, juicy tomatoes, and sweet basil with a light seasoning of olive oil, for a chicken salad recipe that looks artfully arranged and tastes authentically Italian.
- Fresh mozzarella, sliced - 4-5 each
- Roma tomatoes, sliced - 5 each
- Julienne carrots - 1 tbs.
- Italian parsley - 1 sprig
- Ciabatta bread - 2 slice
- Marie’s® Italian Vinaigrette Dressing - 1.5 oz.
- Mixed greens - 1 Cup
- Diced cucumber - 1 tbs.
- Grilled chicken, sliced bias cut, 5 slices - 4 oz.
- Chef's Pride Premium Mayonnaise - 2 Cups
- Roasted garlic, chopped - 1/2 Cup
- Mozzarella, shredded - 2 Cups
- Salt and pepper mix - as needed
- Parmesan cheese, shredded - 1 Cup
- Cheesy mayonnaise spread - see recipe below - 2 oz.
Grill chicken, achieve diamond marks and internal temp of 165F. degrees. and set aside to rest before slicing.
- In the mixing bowl mix the greens and dressing. Toss well together and place in the middle of the serving bowl stacking it tall.
- Fan the chicken on top of the lettuce. Place the julienne carrots on the chicken and a sprig of Italian parsley on the carrots.
Take the bread and broil it under the salamander until it becomes golden brown. Allow it to set a bit and place it on the back side of the salad pointing up and sprinkle the diced cucumber over the salad.
- Spread over the bread a layer to cover the top of the bread. 1 oz. per slice. There should be a good heavy coat of the mayonnaise spread per slice of bread.
- Toast the bread under the cheese melter until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Procedure for cheese spread: Combine the mayonnaise, garlic, parmesan cheese, roasted garlic, salt, pepper, and mozzarella cheese together and combine well in a mixing bowl.