The perfect accompaniment for burgers, sandwiches, and even seafood, this creamy condiment is just so useful for touching up so many menu items. This is a simple recipe calling for mostly cabbage and mayo, your kitchen staff will be amazed by how much you can do with so few ingredients.
- Green cabbage, thinly sliced - 1/2 gallon
- Salt and pepper mix - To taste
- Classic Gourmet® Select Classic Italian Dressing - 4 oz.
- Lime juice, fresh - 1/2 Cup
- Cilantro, chopped well - 1 bunch
- Onion red, thinly sliced - 1 each
- Carrot, shredded - 1 Cup
Place all the prepped items in a bowl and mix well.
Place mixed contents in a clean storage container and hold in the refrigerator until needed.
Chef Tip: Allow the slaw to sit in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow the cabbage to absorb the flavors of vinaigrette.